How it worksWe've identified certain stations across the system that are typically in need of bikes or docks during peak ride periods. You earn points by taking a bike from a 'pick-up' station (in need of docks) or returning a bike to a 'drop-off' station (in need of bikes). Check the Bike Angels map below to see which stations will earn you points at which times.
How to earn pointsYou earn points by taking a bike from a pick-up station and returning it to a neutral or drop-off station; or by taking a bike from a neutral station and returning it to a drop-off station.
- Pick-Up Station → Neutral Station = 1 pt
- Neutral Station → Drop-Off Station = 1 pt
- Pick-Up Station → Drop-Off Station = 2 pts
Stations outlined in silver are worth 2 points.
Stations outlined in gold are worth 3 points.
Points are earned for trips that start within these hours:
- AM map - 6 AM to 12 PM / Monday - Friday
- PM map - 4 PM to 10 PM / Monday - Friday
There's no limit to how many points you can earn per day.
See which station combinations earn points by toggling between the AM and PM map below.
The pick-up and drop-off stations do not reflect the real time statuses of stations, so you should
check the Citi Bike mobile app for accurate bike and dock availability.
How to earn prizes
- 8 Points = Raffle entry for chance to win $100 Gift Card
- 16 Points = Raffle entry for chance to win $400 Gift Card
- 24 Points = Both raffle entries + 2-week membership extension OR $6 Amazon gift card
- 32 Points = Both raffle entries + 4-week membership extension OR $12 Amazon gift card
- 40 Points = Both raffle entries + 6-week membership extension OR $18 Amazon gift card
We'll tally the points you've earned at the end of the current challenge and award the prizes! If you would like to change your prize option from a membership extension to an Amazon gift card, indicate so here. Points reset to zero at the end of each challenge.
The current challenge ends at 10 PM.
Bike Angels Leaderboard
Members are identified by their first initial + last initial + last three numbers of their zip code.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!